- 500g Black eyed-pea
- 2 bunches beet greens
- 2 onions
- 70g olive oil
- black pepper
- Wash them well. Black eyed-pea and beet greens need a well washed before cooked.
How to cook:
- In a boiling pot let black eyed-pea just to cover them up with water.
- Stir them offten.
- When they are half cooked change their water and let them boil.
- Add the beet greens and stir well.
- Put olive oil in a pan until it gets hot, cut the onions into strips and fry them until they get a light golden color.
- Drain the black eyed-pea with the beet greens.
- In a pot add the black -eyed pea with the beet greens, the onions with a pinch of salt and pepper and stir them all together.
- Serve with a fresh rigged lemon juice, tomato cubes and salted black olives.